Monday, August 11, 2008

My house looks so good I don't want to move.

It's amazing what a little motivation will do. Look at this lovely home:
(want to buy it?)
My house looks freaking great. Show-worthy. Dial up HGTV! The formal living room looks so big, and neat, showcasing the lovely built-ins (make me an offer!):

The upstairs bathroom, so organized and welcoming (almost spa-like!):

The office--not even a piece of scrap paper anywhere:

I don't think this can last, given my Tasmanian-devil style of housekeeping. BUT it sure looks great right this minute (make me an offer!).

Big man is painting the front porch as I type. (Why didn't we do what while we lived here? Well we technically still do, but not for long. Because we are lazy slugs, that's why!) I'm embarassed to say, I went outside with the "wet paint" signs as he was getting started, and noticed dirt on the part that was to be painted, and asked, "Are you going to clean that before you paint?" The sad thing is that he would never consider painting before cleaning and doing it right (because he pays attention to silly things like details), but because I probably (ok definitely) would have just slapped on the paint (and wondered why it peeled a few days later) I had to ask the question. I am definitely the half-asser in this relationship. I really hope I'm more attentive to the baby. Which reminds me, perhaps the 3 cookies I just ate with a can of seltzer aren't really a good dinner; thank god for prenatal vitamins!

I'm sure it's the hormones, but last night, I totally bawled at the prospect of leaving my pretty house.

So, dear reader (Dad) let's take a vote.
Which house do you like better? What's your style?
119 years old or 19 years old?
Plaster or sheetrock?
Hardwood or wall-to-wall carpeting?
Main thoroughfare or cul-de-sac?

No comments: