Tuesday, April 15, 2014

March madness.

 March means birthdays--one which Wes and my mom share.  Happy 42, Big Man.
And we had lots of recent visits from Grandma and Grandpa.  Grandpa got to enjoy a weekend with the kids, without Grandma.  Usually, he's second fiddle to Grandma, but when she's not around, he is lavished with attention.  Snuggles on the couch.
 Snuggles after dinner.
 And then Grandma came, and more fun was had.  Tea parties.
 Trips to the park.
 More tea parties.
 Finger painting--I think Grandma enjoyed it more than the kids!
 And, somebody lost another tooth!  This time it was just in time for family photos.
 
We're trying to teach Dani and Tori about money, and the tooth fairy deposits are helping with that.  A month or so ago, I opened savings accounts for the kids.  Since Dani was born, we've been throwing change into a large baby bottle bank.  The kids are always asking for coins to put in it.  It was finally full so Dani, Tori and I went to the bank to feed the coins into the machine to deposit into their accounts.  (the net was almost $150!).  If you enter my house, they will shake you down for more coins for the bank. 

And, I broke down and bought a minivan.  There's just no making that cool.  But it's practical...woo hoo!
 
And, in funny things my kids have said lately:
 
"Mommy, nobody's perfect; not even astronauts." (Dani)
"But Mommy, I'm not littering, I want to give the birds some stickers to play with."  (A disappointed Tori when I wouldn't let her throw stickers out of the car window.)
 
During a dinner, I had made a roast beef on the rotisserie.  Dani pointed out that the meat was the same color as Daddy, "brown and pink".  I suggested to the kids that perhaps that meant that Daddy was perfectly cooked and ready to eat.  Tori's response was, "NO!  We can't eat Daddy, because he would be too hard to chew."


No comments: