Thursday, July 3, 2008

$*&?! Kohls.com

I am a devout Kohls.com shopper. They have great clearance deals, and when the shipping is flat rate or 99 cents an item, you can't beat it.

Sometimes though, the little computer monkeys mess up my order, and ship it to the wrong address in my address book. It has happened about 3 times.

Today, my Dad calls at lunch time to tell me thank you for sending us frames but why did you send us 8x10 picture frames? I explain to him that the frames are for me...could he please ship them to me. I KNOW I checked the shipping address, and my home is the default, so I can't explain why or how this happened. But, I've been wondering where they are and why I haven't gotten them yet.

I ordered the frame after discovering etsy (
www.etsy.com). This is a craft/artisan site with tons of art, photos, crafts, etc. I found a photographer whose work I like, and bought two photos for the big man. They are black and white photos taken of Wrigley Field. Thought he'd like them, and could be the start of the sports-themed baby room, or could go in one of our guest rooms which has lots of sports-related stuff. I found these great, matted frames--too bad they are in North Carolina. When I bought the photos and frames, I thought I'd wait and have it be an anniversary (October) gift to him. I am notoriously bad about buying holiday/event gifts in advance and then being unable to wait until the specified day to give them, and give them early instead. At least Kohls has prevented me from giving the gift early, for a week or two at least.

No comments: