Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I never thought it would come to this. But it did.

I swore up and down that this would never be a part of my life. I was wrong. So very, very wrong.
Today, Big Man said goodbye to the Caddy.
And, after work, he picked up his new ride. Behold, the Town and Country. Even sounds lame.


He picked Dani up from the sitter (sitter all week as he has training) and when he pulled into the driveway, and I came out to see the car, she was bawling. He said she started wailing the minute he put her in the minivan. She is clearly sad, because her parents are not cool, at least not anymore.

Between the minivan and my Buick (and not the new sporty kind but the geriatric LeSabre) we definitely stepped on the lame train. I can't even drink away the mid-life pain, because I'm knocked up. Mock away, all of you to whom I swore I would never. ever. own. a. minivan.

It's Big Man's. He's going to use it primarily. And he picked it out all by himself when I was with Dani in North Carolina. Does that make me slightly less lame?

Since Big Man has been home at night, I've been spending less time on line, hence the delay in these vacation videos. Enjoy.

Here, Dani says "bow wow". (Try to contain your excitement.)

Dani and Grandma doing "so big"!

And bubbles!

In other big news, my sis in law Amy is checking into the hospital tonight to have her labor induced in the morning! I'm going to be an aunt! Woo hoo!

And, a final rant. US AIR sucks! Sucks, I tells ya! I paid $60 each way to check my two bags. Yep, added $120 to my flight--which was already over $400 because I wanted to fly direct. Honestly, I'd have preferred to pay $570 for my plane ticket up front, instead of being shaken down at the airport so hard. And, the big rub is that I could have been one of those douchenozzles who brought a WAY too big carryon onto the plane, but I didn't, because I respect the carry on bag size limit and needed to bring diapers onto the plane. A million people boarded the plane lugging big ass carryons that should have been checked--but who's the sucker? That's right, me. Because I checked the flippin' bags and paid an extra $120 for the privilege. A wag of my finger to you, US Air. And you didn't even give me any peanuts. Not even those shitty pretzels you used to give out when you were just starting to cheap out.

Outrageous! Southwest--I'm sorry I cheated on you but you don't fly to Charlotte.

No comments: