Monday, December 2, 2013

Being Thankful.

 I should be working right now.  Have a computer bag full of files that need my attention.
But I can't.
I spent a few hours at a wake for a classmate of mine.  Two years ahead of me, with a young son, and she's dead.  Cancer.
Isn't that our worst fear?  That type of tragedy?  Leaving the world too early, before our children are grown, while they still need us to tuck them in at night, kiss their boo boos, and raise them?
No child should ever have to know that loss; no parent should have to either.
So I am pausing for a minute or two tonight to be thankful.
For sunny afternoons on the playground.
For dress up games.
 For coloring, and silly faces.
Family dinners.
 Playtime with out of town family.
For every moment I get to enjoy with these little kiddos, and their daddy.
We never really know if we will see tomorrow.
Make the most of each day.
I'm going to make sure I try to.

No comments: