Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bouncy house!

Hmmm, Tommy looks pensive.  He is, no doubt, thinking of new ways to keep mommy up all night.  
Despite the fact that he's almost ONE, he continues to wake up, wailing, at least once or twice per night.  Thankfully a bottle of milk puts him right back to sleep, but it's killing me.  Eleven months of not sleeping through the night is starting to take its toll on this old broad.  And, yes, we've tried letting him cry it out.  That worked with Dani and Tori.  For Tommy, it's just a challenge, and one that he is ready to win.  So, I do what gets me back to sleep the quickest--which is feed him.  If juggling knives were faster, I would enroll in circus school to learn how to do it.

We had a special delivery yesterday--I bought an indoor bouncy ring. I don't know what really compelled me to do it, but I thought it would be fun to have something the girls can burn some energy in (because it's impossible to take all 3 outside at night). It's like a personal bouncy house.  So, I was just cruising along on amazon.com, and thought that a 6 foot round structure would be a great addition to our playroom.  I was literally cringing at what Big Man's reaction would be when I ordered Saturday delivery and hit "confirm".  Nothing says impulsive like paying for next day shipping.

And despite the fact that it took hours for our air compressor to blow it up, even Big Man seemed to think it was a pretty fun idea.  It's designed to hold two kids, so it's perfect for Dani and Tori.  It's got walls so they can't launch themselves out of it.  And, you can flip it over and it's a fort--it looks like a little smurf house when you flip it. 
Tori literally got out of bed this morning saying "bounce".  I just wish it were big enough for me!

Time for a Wayne's World throwback...Scooby Doo ending to my post
And even Old Man McGhee (below) gives it the seal of approval.  "I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you darn kids," she bellowed.

No comments: