Thursday, February 11, 2010

Parenting 101.

Big Man was in the kitchen making dinner while I was playing with Dani. I decided it was time for a diaper change, so I put her on the changing table, got her undressed, and she started to really fight with me. She was kicking and trying to roll over and making it impossible for me to get a new diaper on her. Rather than try to overpower her, I thought I'd give her a minute to calm down, so I put her on the floor, sans diaper, with just her onesie open and her long sleeved shirt on top. I figured she'd toddle around for a minute while I picked up the clothes and changing table mat that she had flung around the room--then we'd try again. So, she walked over to her blocks, and then stood very still.

Yep. She stood there and peed all over the floor. So, I swear a few times, dart into the kitchen to grab paper towels, and come back to Dani splashing in her pee puddle.

It was then time for a bath. Big Man just shook his head in wonder. How was I supposed to know she had to pee at that instant? No parenting awards for me tonight!


As you can see from the photo, Dani has a little friend. Scrubbie cat is so desperate for love that he allows himself to be mauled by Dani constantly. She loves it.

No comments: