Monday, July 25, 2011

It's called a skull.

We are tearing through the summer here, with only 3 weeks to go until Tommy-time! I'm seriously doubting that I'm going to make it the distance, although I hope I can, as we've already scheduled help and flights and time off and such beginning on the 15th, and it would be chaos to have it happen early.
The kids are keeping us entertained. Tori's finally showing an interest in talking to the rest of us. So, there are lots of "hi daddy" and "hi mommy" and other cute things that she is starting to come out with. And, she continues to be little miss mischief. The second you blink, she's into a cabinet, or trying to climb something, or trying to eat something she shouldn't be. She'd definitely the reason that cabinet locks were invent, and probably baby leashes too. She's such a silly little kid--and is often stomping around with a giggly little dance, until she gets pissed (oops, I'm not supposed to say that out loud, because Dani repeats it) I mean upset, and then she flings herself onto the floor screaming and kicking. She did it tonight and Dani suggested, "Mommy call the doctor for Tori. She scream her head off."
Dani, on the other hand is so terribly two. She is adorable and snuggly, and then adamantly defiant and whiny all in one breath. I can't leave the house without "Mommy, I need a BIG kiss and a BIG hug," followed by tears of "Don't go mommy. Don't go to work." It makes it hard to leave. And, she's always trying to boss Tori around, leaning in her face and saying NO TORI, and other angry commands, despite the fact that I'm constantly reminding her to be polite.
She also talks up a storm, and is so creative. The littlest thing can turn into a story for her. And some of the things she comes out with...yesterday it was, "I have a head bone. It's very hard. It's called a skull." She told us this randomly during breakfast.
She also loves dressing up--here she is in a party dress someone gave her, dancing like a ballerina princess. She also loves sitting at my makeup table and telling me, "I love makeup!" while playing with my brushes and trying to draw on her face when I'm not looking. It's pretty adorable. She's our little charmer when we take her out, saying "hello" and "excuse me" to people in the store, exiting by telling everyone goodbye, and just being pretty damn personable.
It's pretty fun, this mommy thing. I'll be happy when we can meet Tommy, and certainly am looking forward to never being pregnant again. Ever.

No comments: