Thursday, July 28, 2011

Where are you going my little ones?

Last night, I fed the girls dinner at their little tykes table, which meant that Tori sat in a chair at a table for the first time. I took a few pictures, and when I went to upload them to the computer, I saw that Big Man had taken a number of photos as well. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones working overtime, but I was just a little blown away by how big they looked.
I took this one of Tori, sitting like a big girl, eating a tomato. It was so sweet to see her climb in the chair and sit like a big girl across from Dani to eat. She was trying to use a spoon and making a huge, adorable mess.
The rest of the pictures, the ones Big Man took, looked like this one. The first thing I thought of when I looked it was Dani's first day of school. I actually got a little choked up (damn hormones). Dani's got her backpack on, paper in hand, and looks like she can conquer the world. But she's not 5, headed to kindergarten, she's 2! It just really gave me pause. It seems like only minutes ago she was just a little blip on an ultrasound. And now she's a chatty little powerhouse.
Tori's trying like heck to catch up with her and it seems like every day there's a new word and something new she can do. Tonight she held up their Mickey Mouse nightlight and announced "Mickey". She also learned to climb into the overstuffed chair, a task that she tried, and failed at, yesterday. When did my two babies turn into kids??

No comments: