Tuesday, December 14, 2010

In case of emergency, a Tori guest post.

Hi everybody, Tori here. I thought that, since the holiday season was upon us, I should give you all a gift. I'm going to teach you how to do CPR. You know, with all the egg nog, and cookies and prime rib dinners this time of year, you never know when somebody's just going to keel over from all the fatty grub. So, I'm going to tell you exactly what to do if it happens to you. Well, if it happens to you, just hope someone you know read my blog so they know how to help you! But this should help you help someone else.

Now, the new school of thought with CPR is that you don't have to do the rescue breathing, just chest compressions. Start by putting your hands on the victim's chest. Lean over the victim, and press 100 times per minute. If you remember the Bee Gees, you can sing the Stayin' Alive song in your head for the tempo. (I don't know who the Bee Gees are, but mommy likes them.)

You probably want to have someone call 911. Keep pumping and pumping at that pace until the paramedics arrive.
Good work. If you need to borrow my puppies so you can practice, just let me know. I'm good at sharing.

No comments: