Monday, November 12, 2012

Back to Normal.

I haven't posted in a bit.  We had a rough week last week--sneezy kids and mommy and daddy had strep.  I've never seen Big Man so sick as he was last week.  Lucky for us, the kids didn't get it.  So, now that we are back to normal, here's a little update.  Tommy has been cutting a mouthful of teeth.  He's been a little fussy from time to time, but I would be too if 8 teeth were trying to pop out of my gums all at once.
We've turned into a creative little bunch.  Dani and Tori love to sit for hours and draw and color.  Dani drew this last week--she said it was our family.  I expressed concern that there were only four people in it.  She pointed them all out, "This is Dani, Tori, Daddy, and Mommy, with Tommy in her belly".  So, she didn't forget anyone after all.
I thought the one below was a teddy bear, but Dani said it is her and daddy.  Every day, the kid does and says things that absolutely amaze me.  I should do a better job of writing it all down.  Tonight at dinner, we were having spaghetti, which was cut up for her and Tori.  When she had finished her bowl, she asked for more, but not cut, "like mommy and daddy have it".  We gave her some, with a fork, and watched as she twirled the spaghetti around the fork, and put it in her mouth.  Then she'd grab a napkin and wipe her face, after each bite.  When she finished, she proudly showed off her belly and remarked to us that she had been careful and there was no sauce on her shirt.  She was so proud of herself!  I'm ashamed to admit that when I was putting the girls to bed, Dani said something so brilliant that I scooped her up, and told her I was so proud of what a smart little girl she is...however, I cannot remember what the heck she said.  Bad mommy.

And some things are just silly, because they are, the frank observations of an almost four year old.  Watching Sportscenter last week, Dani notices Herman Edwards doing some commentary.  She gets very serious and leans over to me, "Mommy, do you know who that is?"  I tell her I can't remember (because his name was escaping me), and she leans over and says earnestly, "Its the president."
And, Tori, she's the comic relief as always.  She wanted to show me how much she was enjoying her broccoli.
We took the family to the opening of a veteran's park this weekend.  The girls had fun--there were planes flying overhead, and lots to see.
Tori loved the planes!  And there were flocks and flocks of geese overhead as well that just captivated the kids.
Tommy was a little harder to manage.  He's not a fan of the stroller, so Big Man had to miss most of the ceremony, and instead corralled Tommy in the ballfield, where he could just run and run.

No comments: