Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekly recap.

Ahhh, the end of another week.
Each time I look at my blog and see the pregnancy timeline, it feels like I'm going to be pregnant forever!!! The daily countdown is nearly unbearable--only 230 days to go, or something like that. Essentially, I'll be pregnant for the rest of the year. Damn.

I'm really wishing I took the OB up on his offer to come in every other week instead of once a month. Apparently, they respect that women who had a prior loss like to be reassured more regularly, and they accomodate that. I'm just at that early stage in my pregnancy, where I don't feel that much different, tired of course, the occasional queasiness, but other than that, same old me. I'd just like to see a little heartbeat to reassure me. But, I wait patiently until the 23rd.

Big man's going away from about May 21 to May 28; annual family reunion in Chicago, well actually southern Illinois, but he stays mostly with his folks in Chicago. It's probably his last trip for a while as he probably won't leave the baby next year, and I don't know if we will all be able to make the trip. So he will go, see family, have fun and will even be able to squeeze in a day or two with his best friend in Michigan. I'll be home. I'm thinking of painting our bedroom in his absence; I'd been planning to for a while, and even bought a new bedding set to go with the colors I had chosen but not yet painted. We'll see if I actually get to it. I tend to revert into sloth mode when the big man's away. (That or party girl mode, but we know that's out of the question.)

I'll have to make some plans, or get some books!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make sure you wear a mask when you paint!!! Don't want the child to get a nice coat of paint in the womb. Yes I know that doesn't make sense but it's been that kind of day!