Saturday, May 10, 2008

Worst craft project ever.

Did I mention I like to do crafty stuff from time to time? I get tons of magazines and many have neat ideas for things to try.
I saw one, which was approved for kids, which I thought would be great for the bedroom revitalization project. And heck, if it is designed for KIDS, how much trouble should I have?

They are supposed to be some kind of art, you dip yarn or ribbon in glue, drape over a balloon, let it dry and then you have a yarn bowl. I even bought some spray clear sealant so they would last.

I did one, two weeks ago. Dipping yarn in glue makes a big mess. And the little yarn hairs want to stay in the glue. I still have the bowls of ribbon and embroidery thread I was going to use, as I was going to do FOUR! FOUR! A little bit ambitious, I suppose. Now that a few weeks have passed, I'm considering trying again and making a new one. But, it really was designed to go with the new colors in my bedroom that I haven't painted yet, but have bought the bedding for. Maybe if I finish the crafty bowls, I will be inspired to paint.

Here's my masterpiece (taken with my $4.99 digital camera--love it!):






1 comment:

Royal-T said...

I better get one of these for Christmas!