Friday, January 16, 2009

Dads and Daughters.

Dads rule.
My dad, and of course my baby's daddy.

It has been my experience that there is such an amazing bond between father and daughter; a bond different than the one between mother and daughter. I have always been particularly close to my dad. Perhaps it is because my personality is similar to my mother's, and therefore quite compatible with his. Perhaps it is because he loves me so much and shows it so regularly.

I think that it's no secret that kids learn what to expect out of life from their parents. If they are like me, they grow up in a household where, from birth, there is never any question that the love you are receiving is limitless and unconditional. If they are like me, they grow up believing that they can do anything and achieve anything, as long as you work hard and believe in yourself. If they are like me, they grow up in a household where mom and dad are true partners, and best friends, and set an example of the loving reciprocity which makes for a solid marriage, so that you know what to look for and how to find a compatible mate and a healthy relationship.

When you are older, and an adult, you get to watch your dad and mom as grandparents, with your baby, and you see first-hand that love which created you and made you into the mom you are today.

Dad--happy birthday.
Thank you for helping make me into the person, wife, and mom that I am today.
I love you!

Dani update for you Dad--she slept from 10:15ish to 4:15am last night! Very nice! She wanted me to tell you, "Happy Birthday Grandpa!"

No comments: