Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Little Miss Fussy

Ms. Fussy,
I like you much better when you look like this:
Than when you look like this:
And you've looked like that all darn day. Mommy is really growing tired of all the yelling!
Really, Ms. Fussy, you must have read mommy's post yesterday and decided to help her want to go back to work by being the fussiest baby in the universe today! You are clean, fed, and changed (x3!) and even fuss when mommy holds you! I even assembled your bouncy vibrating chair (wish they made THOSE in mommy sizes!) and it's not working. Poor little Ms. Fussy. Mommy loves you anyway. But maybe settle down for a few so mommy can have a snack? You've had three bottles and all mommy's had was a ton of coffee and some reheated rice! No wonder mommy lost all the baby weight already--so I guess I should thank you for that!

You're even swaddled; if daddy were awake, I bet you'd be sleeping! Poor little Ms. Fussy.
Poor mommy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok, i know the video has already been recommended, but i cannot stress enough how helpful "the Happiest Baby on the Block" video is in relation to fussy babies. if you can't find a copy, i have one and if you email me your address i will send it out tomorrow. get it back to me by may (when another mom i know is due) or around then if you can.

you might check your library to see if they have a copy if you want it NOW. i have even lent it to seasoned moms and they actually found it very helpful too.

mind you, i am assuming that you haven't watched the video, but if you have, and lil' miss is still hard to calm down, then i will say a prayer to every deity i can think of for you. ;-)

good luck lady! and i hope you get some rest!!

B, Esq. said...

I have the book. I have read it and have tried to practice the "5 S's". I'm going to give it a re-read and see if there is anything I missed! Thanks for the offer!

B, Esq. said...

Oh, one good thing is that the fussing appears to be limited to daytime; nightime is pretty reasonable--sleep and eat, and sleep more with minimal fuss. Just the daytimes are hellish! (so far)

philmary said...

Bethany looks like old times.long ago>

I will have to call you about the "Football hold"

Keeps baby quiet >You hold her on your fore arm,head forward face down.The legs drape to each side in the crook of your arm.. Lightly percuss the top of the torso of baby..I think Baby's big problem is getting their breathing and cholic straightened out..This helpewd with my kids

Sincerely
Phil