Sunday, October 25, 2009

My trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house, a Dani guest post.

As you know, I was just visiting Grandma and Grandpa in Hickory, North Carolina. I got to ride in an airplane. Mommy got seats all the way in the back, and she kept calling it the "screaming baby section", but I proved her wrong, because I was really good. It was hard to sit still for so long, but whenever my ears hurt, I just sucked on my bottle. There might have been screaming babies on the plane, but it wasn't me!

My mom's best friend from college came over. Her name is Gina. She brought her baby Emily, and it was my first play date! Gina said that I was too little now, but that some day she would have lots of stories to tell me about my mommy! I can't wait! It sure sounds like my mommy had lots of fun in college.

I got to sit on Grandpa's motorcycle. He said I was too little to ride on it though. Maybe next time I can...or maybe he can get me a side car to ride in.
Grandma gave me a vacuum cleaner ride!


I ate at a restaurant called Iron Thunder. Grandpa shared his burger with me.


I rode on a rocking Harley at Blue Ridge Harley Davidson!

I went to an aquarium and saw lots of neat fish. There was so much to see and do!

Grandma blew bubbles for me! I wasn't very good at catching them!

Me and Grandpa spent lots of time being silly!

Grandma gives the best hugs, ever! This was a sad one though, because it was my hug goodbye.Before I knew it, I was back on the plane headed home.

What a fun trip! I love my Grandma and Grandpa!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great job Bethany!! You captured the highlights - the best was spoiling Danni & hanging out with you. We enjoyed every minute & missed you so much today that we worked to just keep from thinking about it. The plus is we got lots done!! Thank you so much for coming down - big adventure for the baby book! So much love... Mom & Dad