Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fantasy time!

It's that time of year again! Football season! I know that back before I became a mom, I used to be way more interesting. I've given up a lot of things, but football ain't one of them! Big Man and I are in our 5th year of competing together in a fantasy football league. It's on, Big Man.

Our draft was Sunday. My team looks pretty decent. My QBs aren't going to light the world on fire, but it's otherwise okay:
Quarterbacks: Jay Cutler (CHI) and Kyle Orton (DEN). Hopefully Cutler won't lead the league in interceptions this year. I've got a soft spot for former Chicago Bear, Orton.
Running Backs: Cedric Benson (CIN), Tim Hightower (ARI), Frank Gore (SF) and Felix Jones (DAL). Another former Bear, Benson was kind of a failure in Chicago, but seems to have found his way in Cincy.
Wide Receivers: Orginially I had Larry Fitzgerald (ARI), Santonio Holmes (NYJ) and Chris Chambers (KC). Holmes is suspended for a bunch of games so I dropped him and picked up Earl Bennett (CHI) because he's Cutler's favorite receiver.
Tight Ends: Jason Witten (DAL) and John Carlson (SEA). I hate, hate, hate the Seahawks, but there's only busters left, so I'm stuck with Carlson.
Kicker: Originally I had Stephen Gostkowski (NE). He was my kicker last year, and I got bored watching him only score extra points. I dropped him for Robbie Gould of the Bears. Big Man's going to be bummed--I am sure he would have picked up Gould but I beat him to the punch!
Defense/Special Teams--Pittsburgh Steelers.

It could be better, or worse, but there is only one objective in Fantasy Football--to beat Big Man.

I bought Dani the cutest Bears cheerleader outfit from Ebay. Stay tuned for some adorable opening day pics!

No comments: