Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My grandma, kickin' ass and takin' names!

Talked to my mom tonight about my grandma who had surgery Tuesday to remove a tumor from her colon. They did the surgery. Tumor was larger than they thought but they think they got it all. Word this morning was the respirator was out but Gram was sedated as she has a stomach tube, etc. Talked to my mom tonight and apparently Gram decided she didn't like the nasal oxygen tube and the stomach tube. and pulled them out, and got out of bed and tried to totally unhook herself! Apparently when mom spoke to her she sounded like good ol' Gram! Needless to say, there's a 24 hour nurse now at her bedside.

At 87, (88 in June) gotta give the old lady credit for her spunk!

Glad to know I'm descended from such strong Eastern European peasant stock!

No comments: