Sunday, July 20, 2008

Batman and my bro.

I talked to my brother last night. He's one year younger than me, and lives with his wife in Phoenix. He is one of the funniest people I know, an absolute well of untapped potential, with an encyclopedic knowledge of movies, music and Yankees baseball. He manages a comic book shop and is relatively new to the world of the "internets". Did I mention that he thinks my blog is stupid? Well, really, he thinks the whole idea of blogs and my space, etc. is silly. This surprises me, because I always thought that once he finally got connected from home that he'd get totally into the whole internet scene. I totally pegged him as spending hours watching videos, finding funny stuff to send, etc. Instead, I'm lucky if he responds to my emails.

He and his wife (can I use your name Amy?) went to see Batman at 9:15am on Saturday. They are kind of early birds, and I guess figured the theater wouldn't be that crowded.

I'm sure me and the big man will see it at the rockin' bow tie cinema, but not for a few weeks until the hype has subsided.

In any event, Todd (my bro) gave me a brief synopsis of the movie, that he said I could share with the "internets". (yes he really does call it that, but only to make me laugh).

So, according to Todd, this new Batman is better than the first Batman by whoever this new director is. Todd claims that Burton is still the king of the Batman movies. (I guess he was the director or something of the first three?) Anyway, Todd sez, "Heath Ledger was good. Nicholson was Nicholson. But the scariest Joker ever was Caesar Romero, because if I ever saw a guy who had lipstick over his moustache, I would be fu*&ing terrified."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

kudos to the makers Dark Knight for their record breaking opening weekend... it's no wonder there's talk of another one coming out ASAP