Friday, July 11, 2008

Guess what I'm NOT doing tonight, a pregnancy rant.

I'm home.
I'm hungry.
My tummy hurts.
And, I'm grumpy.

I'm supposed to be out to dinner with one of my best buds, Tara, who is in town for the weekend, but a late-day case o' the pukies has kept me home. This sucks.

How is it exactly that women enjoy being pregnant? Does some brain chemical change occur once you have the kid so you forget how much it sucks during the baby growing process, so that you forget and decide to have more kids?

Really, for those of you who told me I'd feel great during my second trimester, f*&k you, damn liars. You should have described it as I wouldn't feel as shitty, 'cause that would be WAY more accurate. Not feeling like ass does not equate to feeling great. It is just higher up on the general suckiness scale.

"Oh", everyone told me, "you'll have so much more energy in your second trimester". Not true. Just because the average hour that useless couch drooling begins is closer to 9pm than 7pm does not equate to so much more energy. It feels like I just got over mono, instead of actually having mono.

The only one who came close to giving me the straight dope on what I'm in for was Tara, but unfortunately she told me once I was sperminated so there was no turning back.

Right now the girls are no doubt laughing and drinking cosmos, and I'm blogging in my jammies.

Being pregnant sucks!

3 comments:

Fermi said...

only 154 days to go! ;)

B, Esq. said...

Thanks for reminding me.

UGH!

Anonymous said...

I'm posting as anonymous, because once again, I can't remember my google password & have re-set it like a thousand times...I got a real live mention on the blog...how exciting. We missed you at dinner (did throw back a few cosmos). Hate to say it, but it's just the beginning of your child grossly altering plans. It'll be worth it, I promise.