Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Kill me now.

For the past hour (since my last post at 6:43pm) I have been dealing with a screaming baby, of the non-stop non-specific screaming kind. I don't know what the problem is, but I suspect is was gas. After about 20 minutes of trying every baby soothing apparatus we had, I got out the baby gas-x, and gave her some. Then 30 minutes of the bouncy "milkshake hold" (thank you Aunt Beth and Uncle John for Happiest Baby on the Block) and Dani's alter ego became a beer burpin' trucker. I think she could have done the ABCs in burps, if she knew the ABCs. Anyway, she's back in the swing and mommy's head hurts.
The thing that sucks is that she will sleep through the night mostly. She will now swing and sleep for an hour or so (I hope) and for the second night in a row, I only got to experience an unhappy baby that I couldn't really soothe. It makes me feel bad when I can't make her feel better, and she's just sad and hurting and screaming and wondering, no doubt, why her mommy sucks so bad. And, she's old enough that sometimes when she cries, there are real tears. Makes me cry too.

Oh, the happier days (Sunday):

She does not have my nose! (Hers is way cuter!)

No comments: