Tuesday, February 10, 2009

They say everyone has a twin.

Oh, the internet makes the world so much smaller. I was contacted two weeks ago by a woman in Texas, who somehow found my name and email address on a recipe website. She emailed me because she thought we looked alike. Turns out, she's adopted, and after a few email pleasantries, asked me for some details about my life, which I was happy to share. Internets, you know I'm an open book!

She's really nice, and we've been corresponding for a few weeks, but ultimately came to the conclusion that unless there's some huge family secret, and my mom (or her big sister) had a baby as a teen and no one ever though to mention it to me, it is unlikely she is my long lost sister. In the process, I learned a lot about a really neat woman who has a big family, like me is involved in government, and seems just generally happy with life.

I'm going to post both of our pictures--I tried to find one where my hair and glasses are similiar, and y'all can be the judges! **UPDATE 2/13, she sent a pic that is more similar so it is here:



So, family members/blog readers, any skeletons in the ol' closet you'd like to tell me about?

Shoutout to my internet sis--stay in touch!

No comments: