Friday, February 13, 2009

Two month visit.

Big Man took Dani to her 2 month doctor's visit yesterday. I avoided it like the plague. She was scheduled to get 4 shots! 4! Let me preface this by saying I can only speak from the experience of taking my cat to get shots. You can always get the first shot in because they don't know it's coming. But the wise, wise veteranarian knows to put all the immunizations in one syringe because kitty will shred you to ribbons if you think you are getting two pokes in. Not so with the defenseless baby, defenseless infantus, to be more scientific about it. I would guess that after the first shot, the baby might be somewhat disturbed. But then to know that you have to hold her for THREE more was more than I could even contemplate, so I just refused to attend.

So, the two month visit, attended by Big Man.
Dani's now 11 lbs., 4 oz. and is 23 1/2 inches long. The doctor says that she is smiling/recognizing faces early, and he said he felt the nubs of little teeth which may also be making an appearance soon.

According to Big Man, "She screamed like she's never screamed before. A pitch that was nearly audible only by dogs. You could never have handled it."

Big Man's highlight of the visit was the attention lavished upon him by every woman he saw. He described Dani as a "chick magnet" and said that he's never felt more like a rock star than he did yesterday. Apparently women of all ages love a man with a cute little baby.

I went to the Chamber of Commerce dinner last Friday, and the local paper posted a photo of me showing off Dani's pics! So no Dani pic today, just a mommy one. Mommy had meetings last night, and is going to an event with US Senator Gillibrand tonight!

No comments: