Saturday, November 22, 2008

17 days and counting.

I've been a bit of a posting slacker lately because I'm so damn tired. I am also working a TON to try to get my client work finished/ahead so I can take 4 weeks with minimal disturbance.

Lawyer dude from last post gave us the mother load of baby stuff, some of which I don't even recogize/know what it does.

When I go to sleep, I wake up every 90 minutes to pee, and have crazy dreams.

Last night I was up at 4am, with the tune of Edelweiss in my head. In college, my sorority used to have a song we sang to the tune. I decided at 4am that my baby needed one too, so I actually got out of bed and wrote one down. I might be losing my mind.

To the tune of Edelweiss:
Baby Danielle, baby Danielle
Just a few days 'til we get to meet you
Will you look like Mom, or look likd Dad?
We just can't wait to find out.

Baby Danielle may you breastfeed well
And may you sleep for long stretches of hours
Baby Danielle, baby Danielle
We love you baby, you're ours.

Yes, I am sleep deprived and pathetic.

I'm going to try to post every day until the big day. As you peeps know, Big Man works nights and sleeps during the day. I had to travel in the region for work this week, and dreamt that I went into labor, headed to hospital for what would be an emergency c-section, and couldn't get ahold of the Big Man as he sleeps with the ringers off. My cousin Dave has a house key, but he wasn't around to go wake Big Man up. So, last night I asked Big Man to tell the sergeants not to call him for overtime for the rest of the year so that he could take his cell phone to bed with him just in case I need him.

He's got to work the Schenectady Holiday Parade this evening. WTF with all of the pre-thanksgiving holiday stuff? I'm guessing it's because it has been so damn cold that it feels like Christmas. There are already Christmas lights up all over town and I've noticed Christmas trees in people's houses already. And it's not even thanksgiving yet. Bah.

No comments: