Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Awesome coincidence.

So, since we shot the wad on the big screen, I've been looking for a used glider and ottoman for the baby's room. I've been looking on craiglist, but hadn't found one that wasn't sold out before I got to it. This morning I got another "too late" response. So I tried one more time and emailed one more poster on craigslist about a glider; I've been trying to find locations near where Big Man works so he can easily pick it up. He's picking up a new-ish infant carseat on Friday on his way home. (nothing but the best for my baby!).

So.

Today, I had to go to city court with a client who decided not to take a deal, against my strong recommendation. Basically, my adversary (civil action) was offering my tenant a longer period of time to stay in his apartment than he would have if an eviction proceeding was brought--so it was either take the deal for 60 days of basically rent-free living, or roll the dice in a week or two when they serve us with eviction papers. In any event, my opposing counsel was really nice, and we were very friendly; people are just downright nice to pregnant people, and he and his wife have a toddler.

So, I head to my democratic commitee meeting tonight, and come home to a voicemail on my blackberry.

It appears the lawyer I met in city court is the guy who posted the glider on craigslist! He left his home number and we really had a good laugh on the phone at the coincidence that we just met in court today and he came home to an email from me about the glider. So, not only is he giving us the glider and ottoman for FREE, he's giving us a high chair, crib mattress, and swing, all FREE. He's bringing the stuff to his office tomorrow and Big Man will pick it up in the afternoon.

The odds of this happening are incomprehensively small, but how freakin' cool!

We are going to pick he and his wife up a gift certificate or something nice to thank them for doing us such a solid on the baby stuff.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's what they call syncronicity, but that may not be how "they" spell it. yeah for you!!!