Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bacon After Dark: Elected Would You Come With Me

I love this guy's site and read it regularly.
He sums up, much better than I can, what the Obama win means. I didn't grow up with brown skin. I always knew I could be anything, not because I am white, but because I grew up with parents who loved, supported and encouraged my every ambition. My husband grew up black and in the City of Chicago, public schools and all, and managed, through a supportive and loving home environment, natural abilities, and hard work, to do very well, but he's a cop, and a realist (he would say, cynic I would say), and I honestly don't think he ever thought the election would turn out this way. In fact, I'm sure of it. I know that reality, and the reality for the baby we will have in ONE MONTH (holy crap!) is somewhere in between my optimism and his cynicism, but last night, I think it moved far closer to my optimism. :)

So, hit the link, and take a minute:

Bacon After Dark: Elected Would You Come With Me

No comments: