Sunday, November 23, 2008

My bags are packed.

Well, almost packed. (16 days to go)

I'm trying to get ready for the hospital and baby arrival just in case I go into labor early. I packed a toiletries bag, and picked up the last of the clothes I think I'll need: nursing gown, nursing sportsbra, and a zip up nightgown thingie I can nurse in if I need to. We've washed all the parts of the bassinet, carseat and swing, and now just need to put it all together. Baby's starting to drop, and I'm starting to get uncomfortable.

We've got diapers and wipes on hand, baby wash and lotion. We have baby things that I don't fully understand or know what they do, like little baby straightjackets (so she can be swaddled) little baby first aid kit with snot sucker tool, mitts, hats, booties and something that has a stuffed frog head with a little blanket thingie attached? I think we have many things that may never be used, but have already been laundered and have been rendered unreturnable. My friend Aimee's going to check out our wares next weekend to tell us what else we may want to have on hand. I just don't know where it is all going to go--baby stuff is everywhere.

Got an awesome package from my best pal G this weekend--cute little sleepers with bibs, and onesies and shirts and stuff. If I weren't completely exhausted, I'd take and post some pics, but you'll just have to imagine cute little pink baby things.

Need to last until the 9th!

Went out for an awesome dinner last night with my friends Ann and Diane; a Japanese place with an extensive menu of sushi (which I don't like but Ann said was the best she'd had in the region; and it certainly deserved points for the beautiful and artistic plating ) and tons of other stuff too. Place is called Mr. Wasabi in Schenectady--highly recommend it if you are in the area. Had some fabulous shumai, and will finish my beef and noodles for lunch tomorrow. A very nice girls' night out. Funny how a few short months will change one's definition of a girls' night out. Nine months ago it would have meant pounding cosmos and getting silly until late at night. Now it means an early dinner with some hot tea, and home before 8pm. Rock on! Home in time to watch Wall*E with the Big Man.

Just watching football on the big screen with Big Man who has the night off. The Bears won by a lot (although they played a really crappy team, a win's a win). Good weekend all the way around.

No comments: