Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Screw you DirecTV.

So, the big screen arrives Thursday.

Big Man ordered the DirecTV HD package, which requires us to pay over $200, get a new dish, and pay a boatload more each more per month for the pleasure of HD. Perhaps I just don't fully appreciate the awesomeness?

Anyway, they scheduled our install for DECEMBER 15. What the fuck? They put us on a cancellation list in case anything opens up sooner. I am quite sure that if I were a NEW customer, they would be here tomorrow to install it (as the yellow pages promise), but since I've been a loyal, four year football-ticket ordering customer, I get the shaft. Motherfuckers.

I told BigMan to call and get service in his name as a new customer, to see if it will be faster. (Good thing the account's still in my maiden name.) More on this progress later.

Wow, I haven't posted in nearly a week and I managed to rip off three tonight. That ought to hold you for awhile, Dad!

No comments: