Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God bless America.

What an overwhelming night it was, no? I'm inspired. I'm proud. I am so happy that my baby will have no doubt that she can be absolutely anything in the world, despite being of mixed racial heritage.

I just layed in bed last night, listening to Obama's speech feeling the baby kicking and with tears in my eyes, just happy.

McCain's speech was surprisingly gracious. I even tuned into "fair and balanced" fox news, and heard Karl Rove talking about what a positive and progressive thing this was for America. I'm just downright inspired.

In local news, my old boss is now my congressman-elect!

Tomorrow's the 34 week, super-cool 3d ultrasound. Wes thinks I'm crazy, but I'm predicting that a penis will, indeed, be spotted. He thinks I'm in total denial, but I just think it's a boy. Tomorrow will tell. At the very least, I should have some cool pics to post.

1 comment:

Royal-T said...

I agree...what a feeling! I was rather amazed that my 8 (soon to be 9) year old took such an interest in this election. He had questions that were excellent, in terms of why I supported the candidate, which sparked some interesting conversations about our political process, participated in a mock election at school (they predicted Obama would win), went with me to vote and was jazzed when I woke him up in the morning and let him know the news. In addition to my overwhelmimg feelings of pride, and generally being on a democratic high as my husband has been calling it, it was very awesome to share this experience with my child! It will be interesting to see how he recalls the events in later years, but I for one, am proud to know that he is living in a time & place of such decisive statement.