Tuesday, December 2, 2008

When psycho grandmas attack.

Last night, Big Man was on the phone talking to his best pal in Michigan and he ignored an incoming call on call waiting... (gasp!)

Except that call was from a certain grandma-to be who will remain nameless (but her initials might be MJS).

Who panicked. (is it baby time???)

And called my cell, but the ringer was too low for me to hear.
So she called Big Man's cell, but no one got it because Big Man was on the phone.
(oops.)

So she panicked more.

And then she dispatched her flying monkeys.
Then she tried to call in the Air National Guard, after phoning in an Amber Alert and appearing on Larry King Live pleading for help.

Then Big Man got off the phone and I waddled into the butler's pantry to check out who had called his cell. Once I saw that she had called Big Man's phone I kind of panicked and thought that maybe something was wrong on their end, and they really needed me and then I got worried. So I called her.

And then this certain grandma-to-be told me that I was working too much and that I should be home relaxing at all times because it's ALMOST baby time.

I reminded her that about three months ago when I was worried that the lack of sleep and working with a baby would be hard, her exact words were, "Women working in the fields have babies every day and keep working. You'll be fine." (Yes, I was birthed from sympathetic loins.)

Someone's got a serious case of grandma-to-be-itis. But I love her for it.

Anyway:
ONE WEEK TO GO!

1 comment:

debbyk said...

AAAAAHHHH!!! She's almost here!!!! Keep me posted, B.