Monday, August 11, 2008

F&#k the automated draft!

I hate the automatic draft. This is my 3rd season of fantasy, and I ALWAYS get shitty quarterbacks. My team:
Bulger, Marc QB STL
Westbrook, Brian RB PHI
White, LenDale RB TEN
Coles, Laveranues WR NYJ
Owens, Terrell WR DAL
Williams, Roy WR DET
Gates, Antonio TE SD
Crosby, Mason K GB
Jaguars, DST DST JAC
Garrard, David QB JAC
James, Edgerrin RB ARI
Bruce, Isaac WR SF
Olsen, Greg TE CHI
Cardinals, DST DST ARI

Bulger? What a disaster. Big man says when he's healthy he's a good quarterback. Too bad he's (a) never healthy and (b) not that good. I had him like 2 years ago, and he sucked for me then too.
I just submitted an add/drop to pick up Robbie Gould and drop whoever the hell Mason Crosby is. Bad news is I'm 10th on the waiver list so I probably won't get him.
Pretty happy with the WRs, especially since Favre will be throwing to Coles. Defenses could be better, but Wesbrook and Gates should be solid for me. As long as I beat the Big Man. Every year the Big Man picks a league, and picks my team name, which I am sure is the subject of mockery by the other league members. This year my team is "Baby Momma ESQ". Last year it was "Stork Stalkin' Doll ESQ" and once I was pregnant was changed to "Bun Oven Doll ESQ", and the year before it was "Honorable Doll ESQ". It's cute, really, because he names them. But enough with the girly gushing, I'm going to crush him.

Big Man's (inferior) team:
Palmer, Carson QB CIN
Maroney, Laurence RB NE
Portis, Clinton RB WAS
Curtis, Kevin WR PHI
Holmes, Santonio WR PIT
Houshmandzadeh, T.J. WR CIN
Witten, Jason TE DAL
Brown, Josh K STL
Chargers, DST DST SD
Leinart, Matt QB ARI
Mendenhall, Rashard RB PIT
Hardy, James WR BUF
Boss, Kevin TE NYG
Redskins, DST DST WAS

I think my team's better, but he pays more attention and has better strategy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain on the auto drafts. I missed a draft and ended up with Jay Cutler at QB. Maybe not as bad as Bulger, but it's still going to make for an interesting season.

B, Esq. said...

Yeah, Cutler's been pretty mediocre, but he's got youth on his side. Bulger's a fossil!

B, Esq. said...

Update:
Was able to trade kickers and now have Robbie Gould of the Bears!