Saturday, August 30, 2008

Don't tell the Big Man, but...

...I let potential buyers tour the house while he was sleeping today!

Big Man had to work last night. I was up very early, out delivering lawn signs for the local Assembly race, and got back a few minutes after he arrived home. *He brought home breakfast and coffee, bless him! It was definitely a morning that I was feeling like a ravenous dog! Baby was HUNGRY.

Big Man goes to sleep at about 9am.

10:15am: phone rings. It's our realtor. She is showing a house in nearby Schenectady to a couple, who has just described their dream home in a way, according to the realtor, that paints a picture of mine. When can they come over? I explain that Big Man is sleeping, but we can't find any time that works for me/potential buyers in the next few days. But these buyers are anxious, and don't have a home to sell before they can buy, ideal!

So, I tell the realtor that if the buyer's won't mind that (a) I will be home (hadn't even showered yet...) and (b) they won't be able to see the master bedroom because Big Man will be sleeping in it, that they can come over. Deal. She tells me that they will be over in 30. I speed through the house, hiding clutter, etc. They come through, I'm sitting on the couch watching CNN, and they hit all 4 floors from basement to attic. Then they walk around the block to check the neighboorhood and program the city's municipal golfcourse into their GPS. Realtor calls later to say they LOVED the house and they told her they'd think about it over the weekend!

When the Big Man is sleeping, I am taking care of Bid-ness!

**update (9/1). Big Man slept through everything, heard nothing, almost did not believe me when I told him about the above.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your story... Keep it up!

buy used textbooks