Saturday, September 13, 2008

A birthday tradition.


A father-daughter tradition.
Every year, since I was probably two years old, my dad has bought me roses for my birthday. At first, it was a rose for every year old I was. As a kid, it was always something I looked forward to, the roses from my daddy. After I turned twelve, the roses started back over at 1 or something, ie I did not get 35 roses this year. This year, it was three white, and five coral roses in a really pretty arrangement. It is something that I look forward to every year, as I have come to know that they will always be coming, and I will always have roses from my daddy on my birthday. I told the Big Man last night that he will need to come up with a birthday tradition for our daughter, because I have enjoyed this father-daughter tradition immensely. Love you Dad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday!! it sounds like a wonderful tradition.