Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Same old same old.

I've been kind of a slacker about posting for the past week or so.

I've been really busy, blah, blah, blah.

But really. Work's been insane with oral arguments and court appearances, not to mention the winding down of work at the current firm. Volunteer work with the SPCA is crazy--we have a big event this weekend, and frankly, when I get home, I just want Big Man to feed me and rub my belly. I do not, however, want strangers to rub my belly, ever, despite their desire to do so. Life ain't no fun when you're 7 months pregnant.

And, football season has begun, which means there is a complete moratorium on any non-football related activity from noon until bedtime on Sunday. The Bears are only 1-1, but I'm 2-0 in my fantasy football league. I am up against the Big Man this week, and the trash-talking has begun. Yeah, I talk a lotta smack. My mouth writes the proverbial checks that my ass can't cash. Fun!

My boys at AofG have a post about cool wives; reading it today made me realize that I had to step up my game a bit. I'm about ready to marry Mrs. Vandelay who left hubby bacon and chocolate cake when she went to church on Sunday. Talk about a dream breakfast. Since I read the post, I've been thinking of chocolate cake all day. Oh, and bacon too.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't seen me lately, I'm in full on waddle mode. My belly is huuuuge. I will get the big man to take some pics to post tomorrow.

Dropped the house another $10k so we can unload the damn thing before D-Day. Did I mention that the due date is, actually D-Day? The more pregnant I get the more appropriate it seems.

Anyway, Cubs game is on, and they actually look like they are going to maintain their solid lead into the playoffs. I wish I could believe that they won't shit the bed in the post-season, but they are the Cubs. Anyway, I promised Big Man that if the Cubbies won the world series we could name our baby after his favorite Cub. As an earlier post pointed out, that is Aramis Ramirez. So, friends, the baby girl name I told you may be subject to change, IF the Cubs pull it off.

1 comment:

B, Esq. said...

I stand corrected. My due date is not, actually D-Day. It is Pearl Harbor Day. Momentus!