Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor-less weekend.

What a nice long weekend.

I did absolutely nothing. Read three novels, cooked dinner each night, and chilled. Lovely.

I've been on a bit of a slushie kick lately. Off the iced coffees and onto slushies. There's a Fast Trac near my house which has the best ones ever. They taste like icy jolly ranchers candies, and they have green apple and watermelon, my faves. Picked up one today! Yum! So far, the only perk to this whole being pregnant thing seems to be I can eat the most random things that come to mind. Did I mention that when I bought the watermelon slushie today, I got a bag of beef jerky to go with it? Yum! I'm sure that sounds simply awful to you dear reader (Dad), but it was damn tasty to me! In fact, just typing it makes me want to go back to get another slushie!

Stopped at Wal*Mart yesterday; one of my last visits to that pit, thank goodness. That's because there is a Target opening in town on October 12, and once it's open, there will never be a need for me to return to Wal*Mart, ever. Woo hoo! Anyway, I spend about 20 minutes looking at baby clothes. I didn't buy anything, but was absolutely fascinated with the "preemie" size stuff. It looked like it would fit a baby doll instead of a baby; was really pretty cute! I thought browsing the racks of onsies and stuff would make me all gushy and stuff, but nope. I'm still feeling shockingly practical about this whole thing--came home and checked out Craigslist to see how cheap I could get some used baby stuff for...

It's a lovely day and I really feel like grilling, but I am rather inept at the charcoal grill. I guess I'm okay, but constantly need the help of the Big Man to tell me when to flip, etc. Since it's pretty warm, I don't want to subject him to grill duty tonight, particularly in light of my record-breaking 3 nights in a row of cooking. So instead of steaks or burgers, I'm making pizza. (Hey I didn't say they were great dinners, just dinners I made!)

Turning the big 35 next week, so I'm like, halfway dead. Commence midlife crisis!

1 comment:

Royal-T said...

Yum...Beef Jerky! Our new mega Cabelas, just 10 minutes away, stocks an amazing array of jerky. So far, Jeff Foxworthy's wins out. I hadn't thought to pair it with a slushy. Sounds like the perfect ratio of blood pressure raising salt paired with diabetic inducing sugar. To think I've made it past the half dead mark and have yet to try such a mouth watering combo! It's going on my bucket list today, man!