Sunday, September 7, 2008

Only double digits now!

Happy to report that I'm now out of the triple digits of gestation time remaining, and am in the double digits--only 99 days woo hoo! I think I know what it feels like to be incarcerated and counting your time until you get out, scratching another mark into your cell wall each night to commemorate one more day until its over. Three. More. Months. Exactly.

Why is it that total strangers feel the need to talk to me and ask me if I'm having twins? Some are curious about whether I'll breast feed, because that's a perfectly appropriate topic of conversation for the aisles of the grocery store between strangers, no? Fortunately, no stranger has touched my belly yet, but I have decided that when the first one does, I will gingerly reach over and place my hand on his/her belly just to invade their space too. WTF?

I went to some garage sales yesterday, and scored about a million articles of baby clothing for about $40. What a deal. Obviously, nothing but the best for my little peanut--I made sure I didn't buy anything stained, or very worn. These days, I'm all about baby on the cheap. Anyway these were all name brand clothes like Osh Kosh and Carters, and stuff that I probably wouldn't actually buy except for special occasions. Does it make me a bad mom to be to expect to buy my baby's clothes at the least expensive places because the baby cannot possibly care if the onesie is from Wal-Mart or Macy's? Plus, if I buy clothes for my baby from Wal-Mart, I am helping babies in third world countries to have factory jobs (think: nimble little fingers for sewing) and put formula on the table, and I'm sure my baby would want to help that cause. And from what I have been able to ascertain, anything the baby wears will inevitably become covered with spit up and poop and all kinds of fun substances. So, bring on the used baby clothes!

I have also decided that I need to get a really cool halloween costume. Something designed for pregnant women--I would like it to look like one of those creepy half-formed twin things that sometimes end up in people is coming out of my belly. That should scare the kids who come to the house. I am on a mission to find something...ideas appreciated.

Chillin' with the Big Man today. Football season is here, and the Bears are on tonight. Hopefully it won't go to late as I have a family court trial in the AM...

No comments: