Thursday, September 18, 2008

A brief history lesson.

So, I waddle into Surrogate's Court today and am in chambers with the judge and my adversary just as pregnant as can be.

The judge asks when I'm due and I tell him "D-Day". He looks surprised and predicts that I couldn't possibly last that long... (meanwhile I'm getting pretty sick of people asking me if I'm having twins or making comments that I look ready to blow).

After we are unable to settle the matter, we head into the courtroom so that we can make our oral arguments on the motion in front of the judge on the record.

The court attorney comes over to me just before the argument and points out that the judge looked so surprised about my due date because D-Day is actually June 6. December 7 is Pearl Harbor Day.

Hopefully my legal argument in front of him today was more impressive than my knowledge of American history!

3 comments:

debbyk said...

OK, now I am really confused. I thought you were due on the 17th. Pearl Harbor day is the 7th - isn't it? I know Virgin of Guadalupe day is the 12th, but I didn't think that date had been mentioned.

B, Esq. said...

Ok, technically I am due on the 17th, BUT, because it is a scheduled C-Section (not elective) the doc has confirmed that the surgery will be 12/7 or 12/8 (or sooner if I go into labor early). So, since I know the actual dates--I am just using 12/7.

B, Esq. said...

Pebs, one more q:
What the heck is Virgin of Guadalupe day and how do you know about it???

B