Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Christmas in October?

I'm pleased to announce that I have gotten most of my Christmas shopping done.

Obviously I'll be a little distracted in December, so I've been ordering some things here and there for Big Man, my folks and bro and sis in law. Everyone else will basically be neglected this year, as I can't imagine really shopping for anything other than baby stuff. And, that's not because I'm baby crazy, but because so far I have almost nothing with which to diaper, bathe, feed, or clothe my baby; nor does baby have a room, yet. Looks like we are going to be stuck in the 'ol house for the winter and hopefully will make some progress this weekend in room-shifting.

Sitting here watching the debate (and just finished my online Christmas shopping), and I have to say that I don't really like the format. It certainly seems to highlight how very OLD my favorite butternut squash is. I have to confess that I'm not really paying much attention as I already know who I'm voting for, and honestly, would rather watch SNL parodies of the debates.

Amazes me though to hear a 36 year (or is it 26?) veteran of the senate say with a straight face that Washington is broken; what the hell has he been doing all this time? Playing tiddliwinks? And if you listen to McCain, earmarks are the most important thing facing our country, although in actuality it is a miniscule part of the federal budget. I really, really, really hope the American people see through him. Glad to see that Obama's poll numbers are on the rise...here's hoping.

No comments: