Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Getting ready for baby.

The nice ladies throwing my shower sent us a crib today. It's still in the box, so I can't post a photo yet. Shower's this Sunday! And, the Target in town just opened last week, and it's full of great baby stuff that I can't wait to buy! And soon the nice people at Target will send me a coupon soon because I registered there. Then, commence baby shopping!!

Big Man has begun to prepare the baby room. He moved all the furniture today, and spackled, and tomorrow will paint. Baby room will be Disney's "winnie the pooh yellow". The cable guy's coming next week to move the cable/internet into what will be my home office.

All these plans, and late in the day our realtor calls to say someone wants to come see the house on Thursday! In this shitty market! By then, we will have a full-fledged baby room. But, hopefully then we will have buyers. At this point I don't care, I just want to buy baby stuff.

Big Man is calling the house delay a sign that we will find a better house next year, but we still have a contract to buy the new one so we will have to wait and see.

Got my car back tonight-- $301 to replace both transmission lines. Fun to spend over $600 on car repairs and $600 in furnace repairs in two weeks! Woo hoo! Not to mention that the dealership we took the car to on Sunday let me know on Monday that they were closing their business THAT DAY and that they couldn't fix my car. Oh, and I had to call them at lunchtime to find out that nugget of info. Did I mention there was not a SINGLE sign near the drop box or anywhere alerting us to the impending closure. The closing dealership tells me that they just bought another dealership a few miles away, and that the new place might be able to fix it. But, apparently in their mind it was my responsibility to call the new place and ask them if they could. Oh, and closing dealership tells me that they don't have tow service so I have to figure out how to get my broken ass car to the new place. So, I have to call AAA and explain the situation and ask them to tow my car from one dealership to another dealership. AAA guy tells me that he's sure I'm telling the truth but it's the least believeable story he's heard in a long time. He calls closing dealership to confirm my story and then they agree to tow my car. Fun times.

I'm just glad to have my car back. No more Mrs. Magoo. I can actually see over the dashboard and sit comfortably!

No comments: