Thursday, October 16, 2008

Felled by contractions.

Went to a lunch meeting today, and afterwards could barely walk to my car, the abdominal pain was so bad. Went back to the office and called Big Man, then the doc. Doc's office says they'll call back soon. 30 minutes later, no call, I feel the baby kicking, am still in awful pain. Call back and they tell me to come in. Big Man picks me up, and we head to baby doc. Get hooked up to baby monitor thing for ever, get felt up by the nurse, take a pee test and am told it was false labor. Wow, that sucked. Makes me happy I won't actually to have real labor because it freakin' hurt! The only thing that stopped me from panicking was that I knew the baby is far enough along to live if I had to have a c section today.

In any event, c section is scheduled for:
December 9.

Hopefully no more false labor or other annoying pregnant lady stuff.
I had to miss two social/networking events tonight: planned parenthood grand opening and law school alumni reception; and we cancelled the showing we were supposed to have of our house tonight. Big Man was also unable to make any progress on the baby room, etc.

Ultimately, baby's okay and so am I, but my belly still hurts!

Headed to a wedding tomorrow night--cop friend of Big Man's. Cop weddings are notoriously fun; Big Man took the night off and I'm the driver, so hopefully he'll relax and have a few (which is a rare thing for him).

1 comment:

Jhey Fem said...

Glad to hear the baby is ok. I had false labor, they recommended extra fluids and it really seemed to help me... but that was 11 years ago now. Times have changed. Still might help to drink more. ? Who knows. Glad everyone is fine.