Friday, October 31, 2008

Puppy magic, no more.

Apparently we didn't pay enough attention to Marjorie's suggestion that we take the dog out every four hours. Well, Big Man didn't. I guess it had been about 6. Big Man went upstairs and was in the bathroom, and the pup was upstairs too. The puppy peed from the bathroom door, down the hall, stairwell, stair landing, to the butler's pantry where he dropped a deuce.

I did the initial round of clean up while Big Man took the dog outside to finish his business.

Big Man is currently mopping and the pup is in time out in the crate until all is dry. Not the pup's fault as I interpreted his pacing and whining and just being annoying, when he was actually tring to let us know he needed OUT.

When I was outside with him this morning, he managed to pee all over his Steelers jersey. Just lifted the ol' leg and I watched the pee stream soak his jersey. Lots of fun to take pee covered shirt off a dog when you are wearing work clothes. Big Man washed it, but we will not be getting the pup dressed until it's time to go home.

I guess this little guy is pretty good practice for a baby, what with all the pee and poop in my house.

1 comment:

Royal-T said...

heehee! You know Bill, the guy I live with? Not the Bill who regularly posts here on the Buzz...well, he pretty regularly likes to say, "kids & pets, they ruin your stuff." The Bill I live with, not the Bill who posts here, that is. Maybe the Bill who posts here would say the same thing if he has kids & pets. I've found that most people who do have kids & pets actually pretty much agree on this! Welcome & enjoy the practice!