Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sorry earth.

Well, I have done exhaustive research on cloth diapering, and was ready to do it. Sat the Big Man down last night because I had finally decided on a brand and how many we'd need to start. The initial cash outlay would be around $350, but then it should last for at least the first year or so. Big Man asks me if I am sure I really want to cloth diaper; he says he will do it if I want to but he would prefer not to have to worry about laundering, etc.

SO, we're going to add to the landfill waste after all.

Big Man is such an atypical husband inasmuch as he cooks, cleans, shops, etc., much more often than I do. He will be providing at least 50% of the baby care as he will be home during the day, and will be doing nearly everything except breastfeeding because I will be recovering from my c-section. So, making Big Man's life a little easier is going to be the priority for me with this baby.

Sorry earth.

Gotta get to my baby registry and delete all the cloth diaper stuff!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had this same moral dilemma and the solution I found was 7th Generation disposable (but bio-degradable) diapers. Pricier than the wasteful kind so you might want to put them on your list.
-SusanP