Monday, June 9, 2008

Baby 2, Doctor 0

Went for the second try for the nuchal translucency test today. I also refrained from the iced coffee this morning. While the uncaffeinated baby was definitely acting less like a ping-pong ball, he still wouldn't get into the right position to be measured...but he did grow more than a centimeter in one week! There was one time that the baby got close, and they switched over to 3D, and it was SO cool. He looked like ET. Really, at 13 weeks, babies sure don't look like people. But it was our cute little alien!

So, I have to go back Monday for one more try. Nothing like making extra trips to Latham when gas is a million dollars a gallon!

Anyway, that's the news here. My buddy Deb and I are going to head to CT this weekend to see my Gram, and meet my mom, who is flying in. Should be fun.

Went on a double date this weekend--with Aimee and Seamus, their first night out after having a baby in Feb. Very nice. Went to see the new Indiana Jones after dinner, and wow, I was disappointed. They had 20 years to come up with a better story line, and the cg effects were unnecessary and downright distracting. Monkey scene in particular. Disappointing. Glad they finally brought Marion back; she really got the shaft in the first trilogy.

No comments: