Thursday, June 19, 2008

Stimulus scam!

I got home last night to a stack of mail. One envelope was from my friend, the feds. The envelope (which I threw out so I can't post it) said "Stimulus Payment" in HUGE red letters, in TWO places! I thought, "woo hoo, new laptop here I come!"

Inside, no check. WTF???

Rather, there was a notice inside, dated June 16, 2008, stating that me and the big man had qualified and that we could expect payment by June 20, 2008. Only our federal government would send me a letter to tell me they would be sending me money in a few days. What a needless waste of paper and postage.

The worst is that fact that the envelope screamed in red, bold print, "Stimulus Payment". What a let down.

Turns out the big man had already opened it, but thought it would fun to see my reaction to the no money bullshit notice...he enjoyed my reaction, it was David Banner-like. :)

3 comments:

Fermi said...

wow.
we still haven't gotten our stimulus payment yet, nor a notice about it.

My husband said today that he was thinking of contacting the IRS if we didn't get one soon.

Also, I put a link to your blog on my blog: http://penguinmistress.blogspot.com/2008/06/internet-in-my-apartment-went-out-last.html
because I LOVED the butternut squash post.

B, Esq. said...

Fermi,
At least you know not to get too excited when you get your first stimulus mailing, as there won't be any dough inside!

Don't know how you found my blog, but glad you enjoy! What's the origin of "penguin mistress?"

Fermi said...

I think you commented on Bitch PhD, and I love her blog.

The NAME "penguin mistress" was randomly generated by the video game Rock Band when my husband and I were playing with friends and starting a "band," so we named our band that.

Then I was going to start a co-authored blog with some girls I know, and we were trying to think of a name. I used PengMist again because it has a *hip* sound.

You were asking about the origin of the NAME peng mist, right? not the origin of the blog itself?