Monday, June 30, 2008

Today is the first day of the rest of my pregnancy...

Today, I'm at 16 weeks.

Last year, at 16 weeks, we went in for the ultrasound and learned our baby had no heartbeat anymore.

I don't go back to the doc until 7/14, and will have to wait for heartbeat confirmation until then, but I'm staying positive, and have no reason to think something is amiss.

It makes no sense, really, but this was such a milestone day in my head. Like, if I got past this point, I'd actually be having a baby. So, I guess I am. I hope.

Thanks, Aimee, for remembering that today was a big one for me. It meant alot. You rock.

So, no more screwing around on this end. I'm having a BABY, after all. Time to start paying more attention to what I eat, and caffeine and all that good stuff. Maybe lay off the weed, you know. (Dad, that one's a joke...)

For the first time in my pregnancy I feel like this is real, and it feels GOOD.

2 comments: