Friday, June 13, 2008

RIP Tim Russert

CNN just reported that Tim Russert died. What a total bummer. I'm not sure if it's legal to paste his picture into the blog, so just google him if you don't know who he is.

He was THE political guy. The guy who was always the guy that did all of the political stuff on TV. Even the not-so-political hubby would semi-regularly watch parts of Meet the Press on weekend mornings.

Big man and I used to watch him during primary season, he was our favorite because he was always so into it. Really, one night toward bedtime, during the thick of the Obama/Hillary season, Big man and I were watching the primary coverage, and Big Man made the astute observation that Russert always looks so excited during primary coverage, like so excited there's got to be an erection under that desk. (Yes, we are 13 year old boys trapped in 35 year old bodies.) I never watched him again without thinking that the look on his face was of such measured excitement that it was his boner face. Literally, chuckled over it every single night there was a primary election and I was watching his coverage.

I don't say the foregoing with disrespect. He was an amazingly talented journalist. I'm sad that he won't be around to see this race through to its conclusion (Obama victory, of course.)

He will be missed.

No comments: