Tuesday, June 10, 2008

God bless blackout shades.

Our big ol' house has lots of windows. Big man sleeps during the day when he's working. I am a light sleeper who is very sensitive to light while I'm trying to sleep, unless I'm napping on the couch in which case light is okay.

Two years ago I bought dark brown roman blinds for the bedroom. They've since faded a bit. I haven't been sleeping too well these days, and literally wake up at dawn when it starts to get bright each morning. It sucks. Big time.

This weekend I bought blackout curtains.

Oh my god. I don't know how I managed to walk 34 years on this earth without them!

It's like sleeping in a cave. A big warm fluffy bed-cave with out any bears or other predators. Awesome. And, it should help the big man to sleep better too because it will feel like night. See, good wife, I really bought them for him! Honest. That's the ticket.

In any event, in an attempt to stockpile sleep for the upcoming multi-year deficit I will be facing, these sure will help.

Is it bedtime yet?

No comments: